A MALAGASY/FRENCH/ENGLISH TRANSLATOR
Contract : CDI
Job reference : TAF-8504
Working location : Antananarivo
International Office Region ESAF is mainly comprised of Anglophone countries and the main working language is English, and all communications shared are in English. The action includes the translation of technical documents, tools and communication material that require translation in French language. Audiences include mainly the national association of SOS Children’s Villages Madagascar and SOS Children’s Villages International staff based in Regional Office in Addis and Branch Office in Nairobi. To meet such needs, having qualified professional English, French, Malagasy translation services is required.
- Accurately translate from English to French and vice versa written policy documents, reports, concept documents, board minutes, project proposals produced by SOS Village d’Enfants Madagascar and SOS Children’s Villages International , International Office Region (IOR) .
- Make written translation and submit translation in word-processed documents;
- Proof Read and edit documents
- Share draft translation with IOR ESAF contact person xxxx, and incorporate any suggested changes to the translation
- Translation should also include texts, containing in figures, boxes, captions, sources requiring translation and proofreading
- Ensure high quality and accuracy of the entire document before submitting it to the user department
- Ensure accuracy of the terms and terminology used in the documents
- Ensure that the translation is technically, linguistically and grammatically correct, error free. The translation should meet professional standards.
- Complete the work within the agreed timeline and submit the final translation in soft copy
- Perfect command of the language to be translated
- In-depth knowledge of the culture of the country or the linguistic region of reference
- Solid general knowledge
- Knowledge of translation techniques
- Knowledge of translator’s instruments: assisted translation software (CAT tools), lexical directories, terminology databases
- Ability to use the main IT applications
- Communication skills
- Precision and reliability
How to apply :
If you think you are the right candidate for this position, please send :
- your detailed curriculum vitae (CV)
- your letter of approval
- photocopies of your certificates and diplomas.
Applications must be submitted electronically, indicating the reference of the position in the subject line of the email and sent to the address indicated below.
All applications must be submitted no later than March 5th, 2021. Late applications do not have CVs or certificates attached will be disqualified.
E-mail: Applications comprising at least two traceable references must be sent electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SOS Villages d’Enfants Madagascar est une association Reconnue d’Utilité Publique, qui agit en faveur de la protection des enfants s’appuyant sur un principe simple : Chaque enfant a sa place dans une famille et grandit dans un climat d’affection, de respect et de sécurité.
L’association accorde beaucoup d’importance à ses missions premières de pourvoyeur de soins et de protecteur des droits de l’enfant, et milite afin que ces droits soient reconnus et appliqués, soutenus et même améliorés.
Présent à Madagascar depuis 1989, avec l’appui de SOS Villages d’Enfants France.